[CQ-Contest] Reply to SO2R comments...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Reply to SO2R comments...
From: k4ab@email.msn.com (Larry Crim)
Date: Tue Mar 6 19:35:43 2001
 >There are not enough channels and there are no "frequency rights."

Does this mean that its OK to intentionally call CQ on top of someone
if he is on a better run frequency than you?

If so, yes, I am one of the guilty.

However, in these days of SO2R, leaving a frequency and then returning
minutes later begs a question...

Is it fair?

Fair?......yes.

The right thing to do?.....no.

When I got started in amateur radio, one of the first things I learned was
"The Amateur's Code".   (When was the last time we saw that in print?)

It seemed to separate us from the CB'ers.  Code #1 is "The Amateur Is
Considerate.
He never knowingly uses the air in such a way as to lessen the pleasure of
others."

That being said, I'll be considerate on the air........unless you leave your
run
frequency.

VY 73,
Larry K4AB