Re: [CQ-Contest] Another gratuitous SS-CW trick

To: "Steve London" <n2ic@arrl.net>,"Ken Widelitz" <widelitz@gte.net>, <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Another gratuitous SS-CW trick
From: "wd0t" <tdravland@pie.midco.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 22:48:22 -0600
Steve,

I would support the idea of  not warming up a frequency before the contest,
and not listening, but what timeframe do you propose?  That would have to be
specified in the rules. One hour certainly seems adequate to me.

One other item that gets me is listening during offtimes.  I have gotten to
where when I take the break, the headphones come off and the volume goes to
zero (or close as possible).  When the break is over, headphones on and
resume.  Doing that, of course you cannot get the full contest operating
time in, unless you make a contact the last minute before going offtime, and
make one immediately when come back on, every time you break (almost
impossible).  I can't verify this but would say that method doesn't always
hold for all participants, but I think it should.

Thanks for the time, God Bless!

Todd, WD0T