Re: [CQ-Contest] section names, SD v SDG

To: "N6KI Dennis Vernacchia" <n6ki_73@sbcglobal.net>,"Rex Maner" <k7qq@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] section names, SD v SDG
From: "RICHARD BOYD" <ke3q@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 20:27:54 -0500
I don't think I agree, though I wouldn't characterize it as "stupidity."
Seriously, there are people who get on and make their first QSO ever and plenty
who don't have any idea what section they're in.  I think I even worked one one
time who didn't know what state he was in.  Given that context, it's completely
plausible to me that someone in San Diego, which does begin with the letters
S-D after all, would give S-D as his section, never considering that maybe
South Dakota -- a state which I suppose some of these guys may have never heard
of -- uses those letters.  And I really get some dumbfounded silence sometimes
when people ask for a repeat on my section (thinking "state" I suppose) and I
give PR.  Clearly, they have no idea what PR might be.

73 - Rich, KE3Q