Re: [CQ-Contest] QRM in DX Window

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QRM in DX Window
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:59:17 -0800 (PST)
I don't often agree with Mal, N7MAL but this time I do.

I tuned the 75m DX window Saturday night and found a few stations calling CQ
(and spotted them on packet).  I did not tune around the band to find other
places they could have done so.

I think it was K1KD I heard around 3799, who made a stink when someone asked
him to move out of the DX Window.  I would hope operators from YCCC or any
other large contest club would have set a better example and just moved (K1KD
did not).

I don't think it's that hard to respect long-established "windows" (SSTV
included) during contests (or any other time).

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us