Re: [CQ-Contest] Did I cheat in NAQP CW?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Did I cheat in NAQP CW?
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 17:24:18 -0600
* Julius Fazekas <phriendly1@yahoo.com> [2010 Jan 12 16:58 -0600]:

> As to the later, it would depend on how you acted on that information,
> wouldn't it?

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I figure that information learned
on the air as an incidental part of operating the 'test doesn't put me
in an Assisted category.  Especially working S&P in a contest like
Sweepstakes SSB an op is going to hear what another station just worked
and were simply while "standing in line" listening to the other
station's QSO.  Is that information off limits? I can't see how as the
rules for a single op spefically mention clusters, spotting networks,
and the like.  It seems to me, then, that what is learned on the bands
as an incedent of operating is fair game.

73, de Nate >>