Re: [CQ-Contest] Revised 2011 NAQP Rules

To: <Aldewey@aol.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Revised 2011 NAQP Rules
From: "Radio K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 23:23:28 -0000
Al and Bruce,

Both of your messages position this as a matter of timing, with language
like "the contesting community is not ready" and "did not feel this was the
time".

I seriously do not think the you will ever find "the right time" to
eliminate the "boy and his radio" category from contesting.

This is not to condemn technology Skimmer-like technology.  It really IS
cool, interesting, and it really DOES have a future in contesting, but
radiosport will be irrevocable damaged if/when the classic "single operator"
must compete with robots.

73, de Hans, K0HB