Re: [CQ-Contest] KR2Q - RX1CQ

To: <w5ov@w5ov.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] KR2Q - RX1CQ
From: "Radio K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 19:31:07 -0000
UBN reports are a teaching document, very valuable to the operator who they
evaluate ("I gotta be more careful copying 'H' and 'S', or 'B' and '6'.),
but useless to anyone else.

If you read my UBN, all you learn is that Hans needs to practice his Morse.

Meanwhile, each operator faces the embarrassment of his mistakes exposed to
public view.  Now I'm an old geezer working through my 8th decade with a
thick skin and I can take it (if I chose to), but how about the new guy,
with undeveloped skills, tentatively deciding whether to be a contester?

He's thinking "They're gonna publish my mistakes in a public UBN?  Really?
All my buddies will see how I screwed up? Tell me again about all  the fun
of contesting!"

Making the UBN report a public document is a drastically ill-conceived idea.

73, Hans, K0HB