Re: [CQ-Contest] How many hours do SOAB entrants actually operate?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How many hours do SOAB entrants actually operate?
From: "Yuri" <ve3dz@rigexpert.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 10:26:15 -0400

Just how many catagories do we want? There are too many now. Lets make it a Low Band /High band entry-- 160,80,40, (Lowband)....then let's make that assisted, non assisted, then lets make that LP/HP, then lets make that rookie or non rookie, now do they use a beverage or not?.... Non Beverage or no beverage,,,JUST how many catagories does one need?

Joe, w6vnr

Fully agree with Joe.

Most posts here start with "I..." or "Me personally..."

Too bad if you can't do it full-time, or you can't have a beam and/or amp or you can't travel to the Caribbean.
Or if you have too demanding wife or grumpy neighbors...

High Power, Low Power, full time, part time, beam or wire - who cares?

Funny - people who do not want REAL COMPETITION ("we all just do it for fun, don't we") - those very same people demand more categories.
Make it just Single Op or Multi Op.
That's it.

Yuri, VE3DZ