Re: [CQ-Contest] How many hours do SOAB entrants actually operate?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How many hours do SOAB entrants actually operate?
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 19:55:54 -0700

I'm not saying that a full 48 hour effort isn't fun and challenging for some, but catering ONLY to the less than 1% who fall into that category seems misdirected to me. What I don't understand is why the categories shouldn't be able accommodate both. I used to do a lot of semi-competitive cycling and many events had different categories for different distances ... 25 miles, 50 miles, and 100 miles all at the same time. It seems to me we could rather easily do the same here.

73,
Dave   AB7E