Re: [CQ-Contest] How many hours do SOAB entrants actually operate?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How many hours do SOAB entrants actually operate?
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 08:51:12 -0400
Indeed. So why did the ARRL reject the idea of Single-Op (Assisted) categories for IARU, ARRL 160 and ARRL 10? Too expensive mailing out all of those additional certificates, they said. No wonder, since they snail-mail them at full first-class rates.

But back on point, why not send all certificates by e-mailing a .pdf file, with mailed certificates only for winners who ask specifically? Want it on 60-lb parchment? No problem. Bigger? Smaller?

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.