[CQ-Contest] Talking "Sunday Drivers" through the exchange

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, K3ZJ Dave Siddall <hhamwv@gmail.com>, "k3mim@arrl.net" <k3mim@arrl.net>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Talking "Sunday Drivers" through the exchange
From: "Bob, W3IDT" <w3idt@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 15:23:10 -0500
On 11/21/2013 5:36 PM, David Siddall wrote:

...snip
borrow from a recent CQWW thread, should an op be DQed for walking a
"Sunday driver" through the exchange information without requiring
the Sunday drive to perform the difficult task of parrotting back all
5 elements in the requisite order in the same breath? That's the only
foolish result that a mandatory element order would accomplish.  Why
would anyone want that in Sweepstakes, which seeks to attract
participation?

73, Dave K3ZJ

...end snip

Hear, hear!

1. I (and daughter, Miriam, K3MIM) doing sweepstakes ssb from the W3LPL DX contest station) make a habit of talking "Sunday drivers" through the exchange in, we hope, a friendly manner, and encourage them to make more contacts - work on their (5B) WAS or whatever. She, especially, attracts "Sunday drivers" who want to say hello to a YL.

3. The "hotshots" who skip their call in the exchange, a) often get a repeat request as I've lost "synchronization" between what I'm hearing and my typing, and b) perhaps be suitable candidates for DQ.

Bob, w3idt

. Robert F. Teitel, W3IDT   .
. W3IDT@arrl.net            .
. W3IDT@comcast.net         .