Re: [CQ-Contest] Classic - Doing what was intended?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Classic - Doing what was intended?
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 08:39:23 -0600
Doing a 48 hour test is just fine health-wise.

As someone that did as little as 5 years ago Adventure races. A 48 hour contest is nothing physically.

These adventure races. Are incredibly grueling! 48 Hours? BAH! Try 7 to 10 DAYS! NON STOP, No sleep, at all, and not just sitting in a chair. You are running, biking, paddling a canoe, swimming etc...

The all famed "IRONMAN" that gets all the publicity is to Adventure racers, a simple no stress weekend "training event"

Just like CQWW a 7 to 10 day Adventure race has no time outs. You stop racing and all it is doing is allowing your competitor a chance to catch up to you, or make their lead even greater if they are ahead of you, cool video short can be seen here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h5JOm7T2FI

My problem with a 48 hour contest is lack of stimulation now. As the owner of a Crappy station, it's hard to keep the rate up. and after 10 or 12 hours if it gets slow and little stimulation, I get then sleepy and hard to keep concentrating. If the rate stays up to at least, a qso every couple of minutes then I'm OK. but if it slows down to like one every 5 min or so, I'm Doomed.

Joe WB9SBD

Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme