Re: [CQ-Contest] W/VE contacts from W/VE in ARRL DX

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] W/VE contacts from W/VE in ARRL DX
From: "Marvin Bloomquist" <n5aw@281.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 13:09:52 -0600
I'm a little surprised at the responses to my earlier post on this subject.
I really think most of the callers think they are helping you when they
answer - in fact some have told me so - and they would like to know if they
aren't. I still say politely telling them these contacts don't count for the
contest helps everyone. If you want to log it that's fine. There may be a
few callers who are looking for states or counties that they need confirmed
and I don't mind giving them the contact in that case. I still say giving
them a contact without telling them it doesn't count in the contest makes it
worse for everyone.

Marv N5AW