Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheating

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheating
From: "Stephen Bloom" <sbloom@acsalaska.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 06:13:12 -0800
Hi Dave:

All of what you said was true.  About all we can do is ...(within reason),
leave as little ambiguity as possible as far as how we define rules .. and
no matter what ..people will still find the grey areas.  The reason I can't
see sweating this too much is..we aren't competing for cash, or contracts,
or endorsements etc.  It's all about reputation.  Every once in awhile,
given our current level of "self enforcement", when someone pushes it just
too far, they get caught, and that does provide *some* boundary.  It's
really all about reputation.  Whether it is ever formally proven, we *know*
who is using remote receivers, running 5KW, and the like.  They also know we
know.  Their wins have a mental asterisk.  What else really matters in this
venue?

73
Steve KL7SB