Re: [CQ-Contest] Its not the sunspots folks

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Its not the sunspots folks
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 07:46:31 -0400
"I'm not really sure what the fix to this problem is" wrote KU8E.

Jeff, until the world's biggest contest stops growing or reduces
significantly, why does it need to be fixed?  The bigger question is, based
on year over ear participation, is there actually a problem?

And we already have a WPX contest scoring system in another contest, its
called WPX.

What I fail to see is why its okay for Sweepstakes to be boring as hell for
a one QSO per contest rule with literally NO ONE wanting to change it to be
one QSO per band to be more interesting and fun.  But CQ WW gets beaten up
every year for not being fun enough and its WAY more fun already when it
comes to QSO totals than Sweepstakes.  Why the double standard?

Contests are unique.  They have personalities.  You love some, you hate
some.  Seems to me that there are plenty to go around to satisfy everyone.
Enjoy.  Life is short.

Ed  N1UR