Re: [CQ-Contest] Its not the Sunspots folks

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Its not the Sunspots folks
From: Barry <w2up@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 06:05:04 -0600
One simple solution is to give everyone credit for their own country and country's zone(s) on each band.

Barry W2UP

On 11/1/2016 19:05, Ed Sawyer wrote:
W0MU asked:  "Why does the USA always get "punished"?" in the CQ WW Contest.

Answer: Because it's a DX contest!  A better question is, why are we all
forced to work a station in our country just to get country credit for our
own country?  Wouldn't it be way more efficient to just get automatic credit
for our country and zone?

The point of CQ WW DX - That's "World Wide DX"-  is to seek out and work DX.
Its not to fill up the log with domestic Qs.  There are plenty of contests
all year long to do that.

73

Ed  N1UR

---