Re: [CQ-Contest] Its not the Sunspots folks

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Its not the Sunspots folks
From: Richard F DiDonna NN3W <richnn3w@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 00:58:17 -0400
I agree that its a DX contest. But what does DX stand for? My recollection is that DX is a ham's abbreviation for "distance".

So by that measure, where is the rationale in rewarding a QSO between Toronto and Buffalo (68 miles) two points, or a QSO between Munich and Venice (199 miles) one point, but a QSO between Boston and (2300 miles) gets none?

73 Rich NN3W