Re: [CQ-Contest] Its not the Sunspots folks

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Its not the Sunspots folks
From: Dave Lawley <dave@g4buo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 09:54:48 +0000
Wrong, Mike. With upgraded antennas and a good team, M6T made our worst-ever multi-multi score of just over 8M, having set the Eu record at 29.3M in 1999 which stood for 12 years.

Conditions were truly dire here. While we are geographically closer to the US than many other parts of Europe, when conditions are disturbed we are way too far north. I could hear Italians, Croatians etc. working US stations that we couldn't even smell.

Wally LZ2CJ introduced an interesting metric, lamenting that LZ9W only worked 13 percent North America. The figure for M6T this year is 7 percent.

We had a great team and had a lot of fun, but no it was not a 'pretty good contest' over here.

Dave G4BUO