Re: [CQ-Contest] Appropriate wait time for contest results?

To: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Appropriate wait time for contest results?
From: Stu Phillips <stu@k6tu.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 18:30:11 +0000
Error free is one thing but, in consistent Cabrillo format is something else!

There are at least 7 different formats of Cabrillo I see just for the Makrothen
RTTY contest alone – they are all conformant to the Cabrillo spec but most do
not conform to the Cabrillo template provided for the contest by it’s sponsor.

For example, some QSO records include a signal report despite one not being
required in the Makrothen exchange; some include additional fields at the end
of the record indicative of either which radio made the contact or which
station as part of a multi operation.

Particularly in RTTY, there are a small number of errors in a log resulting
from “clicked on the wrong place” QLF’s – this can have an exchange that is
599CM87 instead of CM87 in the log record.  Some miss the exchange and insert
XXXX or have an invalid grid locator.

For the most part, processing these errs on the side of benevolence.  If
something is obviously and unintentionally broken, give the benefit of the
doubt and fix it – for example the 599CM87 gets manually “fixed” to CM87 – if
that’s the wrong exchange, well then it’s too bad and the log checking process
deals with it accordingly.

So, the process is:
- Collect
- Normalize
- Log check
- Generate results
- Proof results
- Publish

PL259’s goal for the Makrothen contest is a month post the log submission close.

Stu K6TU

On 4/6/17, 6:32 AM, "CQ-Contest on behalf of DXer"