Re: [CQ-Contest] Appropriate wait time for contest results?

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Appropriate wait time for contest results?
From: David Siddall <hhamwv@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 09:45:03 -0400
I note that with regard to the CQWW & CQ WPX contests, which are the
largest in the world in terms of participants and entrants by far:  thanks
to the extremely hard work of the volunteers on the respective contest
committees, and with additional help from WWROF, for years now the complete
raw scores (not just top scores) have been published online within a week
or two of the log submission deadline. The complete CQ WPX Phone raw
scores, for example, were available last weekend, 6 or 7 days after the end
of the contest and just a day or two after the log submission deadline.

Raw scores have been followed by publication in CQ magazine of the
complete, final results of CQWW & CQ WPX contests at the 5 or 6 month mark.

For example, the complete, final results of last October's CQWW Phone
contest arrived last week in this month's (April) CQ Magazine, which was
published and reached all electronic subscribers worldwide on April 1. This
was less than 5 months after the log deadline of Nov. 4.  The CW results
are expected to be published in the May edition, which all electronic
subscribers worldwide should receive on May 1 -- again, a little less than
5 months after the log deadline. (The print edition, which is identical to
the electronic edition, arrives later by snail mail.)

I think that in terms of results, these guys have been doing an incredible
job.

73, Dave K3ZJ