Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R Two Keyboard

To: Stephen Bloom <sbloom@acsalaska.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R Two Keyboard
From: Pavel Perchine <un7lg@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 08:02:54 -0600 (MDT)
Steve,I prefer to have everything separated.Two computers and two keyboards,
two set of BPFs etc.,It is more expensive but much easier for station setup
when every Radio is fully independent.Personally, it was easier for me to
handle two radios using two keyboards with less mistakes made and this was a
start point for consideration.I used N1MM  in Multi-Op mode with a Network
between radios despite the fact I am in SO2R category.N1MM prevents TX on the
2nd radio if the 1st one in TX mode as well for Multi-Op category, so I do not
need extra hardware to be used.I only had interlock in my 2x6 antenna switch to
prevent connection both radios to the same antenna.Please, do not forget to
change Multi-Op to SO in your log file after the contest :)PavelVA6AM