Re: [CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting

To: Edward Sawyer <EdwardS@sbelectronics.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting
From: Rudy Bakalov via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 09:26:13 -0400
This is where I think everyone applies a very narrow lens on the role of the
human and, as a consequence, the assisted vs unassisted debate.

I have done dozens of contests 30 years ago that did not include CW and voice
keyers, mults tracking, etc. My argument is that all the non-decoding functions
are just as critical as decoding so before purists condemn assistance they
should consider the bigger picture of automation.

I don’t mean to attack anyone in particular. Simply bringing up a point that
IMHO is largely and conveniently pushed aside in these age old debates on
assistance.

Rudy N2WQ

Sent using a tiny keyboard.  Please excuse brevity, typos, or inappropriate
autocorrect.