Re: [CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 01:25:42 -0000
I agree, please keep FT? contests separate from RTTY. Unlike FT?, RTTY
decoders are not perfect. To do well a RTTY operator needs to quickly look
at multiple decoders to determine what the callsign and report most likely
are. There is nothing automatic and there are no set TX/RX times so every
operator can be as efficient as they choose. It is easy to send a quick
hello to your friends during the QSO, just like on CW and SSB.

John KK9A

Jeff Blaine AC0C wrote:

The FT8/4 modes need to have contests specifically built around the
capabilities and limitations of the mode.

Mixing FTx into the RTTY contests falls squarely into a category of
things that we SHOULD NOT DO, even though we have the capability to do.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com