Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX CW Signal Quality Concerns

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX CW Signal Quality Concerns
From: Michael Ritz <w7vo@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2020 08:24:55 -0700 (PDT)
The ARRL is listening! I actually noticed the key click situation first hand in
the CQ WPX contest last weekend, and I agree it's an issue. It's worse than I
ever remember it being for a long time.

I will personally take this issue to the ARRL Board Programs and Services
committee when we next meet. I agree there has to be language in the ARRL
Contest rules that clarify what is not acceptable for all modes! I've heard
splattering 10 kHz wide signals on SSB in contests too.

(BTW, I have my Yaesu FT-2000 set to 6 ms, the slowest CW rise time available
in the software, and my FT-1000D has the "key click mod!)

73;
Mike, W7VO
Director, ARRL NW Division