CT-User

Missing Port Bits

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Missing Port Bits
From: na2n@ifam.com (na2n@ifam.com)
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 17:34:40 -0400

On Mon, 23 Oct 1995, Tony Brock-Fisher <fisher@hp-and2.an.hp.com>
wrote:
>In defense of Ken, I will report that I received a reply from him in
>response to a packet message regarding the vaporization of the
>radio1/radio2 control bit.
<snip>
>Yes, as the author of the leading piece of contest logging software
>in the world, he might have some sort of responsibility to his 'public'.

They are not his public, they are his CUSTOMERS. I think taking my money
earns him some responsibility, don't you?

>Yes, it's only a hobby.

That's true, and if he were distributing the software for free as a hobby, none
of us would have any right to bitch. HOWEVER... since we have all paid for
the advertised functionality that comes and goes from version to version, sans
warning or documentation about what works and what doesn't, I think there's
a legitimate position from which to ask "Whuffo?" Especially when the tech
support has become practically non-existant (at least from what I've seen...).

This may seem a bit harsh, but I've been trying to get answers for months.
Maybe I need more social standing, or to re-join YCCC, or something...

Greg Becker NA2N
na2n@ifam.com
Ideas For American Manufacturers - "Technology Conceptualization and
Enhancement"