Re: [Karlnet] Security: APII, CPE and laptop

To: <karlnet@wispnotes.com>
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Security: APII, CPE and laptop
From: Scott Stevens <scott@scottstevens.net>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 08:11:11 -0600
On 5/22/02 5:02 PM, "Chris Hunt" <wireless@peake.com> wrote:

> Just when you think you have caught up someone throws in a wrench  ;)
>
> So while the equipment is 802.11b KarlNet Turbocell  changes it to
> something else?
>
> Back to he original ?, Do I need to configure my Karlnet AP to prevent
> unauthrized use?
>
> Thanks
> Chris

No the hardware is DSSS 11mbit radios and processing boards, Karlnet
Turbocell is a software just like .11b WiFi that makes the radios operate
differently.

It's just an OS/Driver and it is not WiFi which is why it's better.

More questions call.

--
Scott Stevens
800-815-4682

orders@scottstevens.net
support@scottstevens.net
"Near cost Fridays!  Oh, and we buy cheap ;-) "