RE: [Karlnet] In Errors/FCS Errors

To: <karlnet@wispnotes.com>
Subject: RE: [Karlnet] In Errors/FCS Errors
From: Scott Stevens <scott@scottstevens.net>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 09:56:32 -0600
On 5/23/02 9:43 AM, "Luis Sosa" <lsosa@satelistar.com.mx> wrote:

> Doug
> The rule of having more than 10% of FCS out of bytes in applies to PtMPt
> links or just in a PtP links?
> The question is because in my case having three sector anntenas to one AP
> some of my customers are marginal and some not, so I´d like to know if the
> poor links of some customers will cause some peformance issues in the others
> having good quality links.
>
> Luis Sosa
> ITS
> Merida, Mexico.
> 1+52-999-9230339

The FCS errors happen on the interface so in a PtMP scenario if you have one
link which is causing FCS that will be counted as total for that interface.
If you exceed the 10% that means that either your PtP needs more umph.  In
PtMP it may mean bad cabling at base or CPE installs that are too weak or
installed poorly.

--
Scott Stevens
800-815-4682

orders@scottstevens.net
support@scottstevens.net
"Lucent, Karlnet, Alvarion, SmartBridge, Panels, Grids,
Towers, WMUX, Wi-LAN, Licensed, WaveRider, Know How, ..."