Re: [Karlnet] KN v4.43k Released Today

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] KN v4.43k Released Today
From: Chris Conn <cconn@abacom.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 16:20:46 -0400
Bob Hrbek wrote:
"Frequency Guessing" would be a welcomed option.  Not sure it would be worth
an upgrade but with the interference issues we have encountered lately, it
would have saved me from reconfiguring 50+ radios.
`
Have you tried using scripts?

We have gone so far as to write .vbs scripts that loop through a list of radios to configure their essentials. Very fast and very clean. You are right that "Frequency Guessing" is probably an interesting option, however it is my opinion and that of several other ISPs that getting the firmware issue straightened out was an urgency.

config.exe /? gives you the details, but I am sure you have already seen this.

Chris

Bob Hrbek wrote:

That is exactly what we have been seeing.  Thanks for the clarification.
WHERE IS THE CHANNEL AUTOFOLLOW feature??

I thought that was "in the next release".

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think this is an interim release. The

problem

you mention was somewhat widespread and I believe it was in the best

interests

of Karlnet to get this out ASAP. "Frequency Guessing" I guess will have

wait to a higher version.

I would like to see some sort of Turbocell equivalent of 802.1x where you

can

autoroll WEP keys, but I am sure that everyone has his own

wish-list/agenda.

Chris