[Karlnet] Getting Back In

Subject: [Karlnet] Getting Back In
From: jna <jna@tcpbbs.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 04:58:08 -0500
Hello,

Confident my problem was in the routes I decided to play with the routes. I
gave the radio interfaces private routes 10.10.10.1 and routed the real
network over that via indirect routes. This should have worked but I went to
the central base relay and forgot it was not an RG but an Kn-200 and I gave
it the 10.10.10.2 address on interface 2 (Which is the radio on an RG) and
saved the config thinking this was the radio. Now I can not get into it, I
forgot that what I really wanted to do was give that route to interface 4!
So Interface 1 has the direct route of 12.96.250.38 to interface 1 and a
direct route of 10.10.10.2 on interface 2 instead of 4. I tried connecting
to it via both radios and I can no longer see the ethernet port to
reconfigure the unit via a wireless link. How do I get back into it via a
wireless link? I have routing and bridging enabled, I thought if I messed
the routing up I could get into via the bridge, guess not. Does the radios
which does not have addresses default to something I can place a temporary
route to and connect to the ethernet from a radio link? Ack, I hate screwing
up.

Thanks,
John