RE: [Karlnet] Getting Back In

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] Getting Back In
From: "Jayson Baker" <jbaker@peakinet.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 13:53:47 -0700
Your descriptions are very difficult to follow.

I think I understand it as your KN-200 doesn't have any IP's assigned to the
wireless interfaces... this doesn't matter.  Connect to it on either
wireless end with an RG in bridging mode - yes, you may need to use a
crossover cable.  If you can't figure out how to get a physical Ethernet
link you shouldn't be working with ANY of this equipment.

Link up to the KN-200 with the RG and hit scan - you'll see that AP in your
list.  If it has an IP of 10.something you'll need to change the IP on your
laptop to 10.something-in-the-same-subnet.  If it's 12.something, same goes.

--

I understand what you're doing with the routing now.  Setup the RG on the
datacenter as a bridge.  Make the KN-200 a router.

Regards,
Jayson A. Baker
Peak Internet Solutions