[RTTY] 17" flat panel prices

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] 17" flat panel prices
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 18:58:36 -0000
Hi all,

I use a 17" flat panel on this PC, and as Dave said, the print can be small.
HOWEVER...... if you right-click on the desktop, and choose APPEARANCE, you
can then change this.
You may also have a button marked EFFECTS. Here, you can select LARGE ICONS,
and I also have an option to select CLEAR TYPE as the method to smooth
screen fonts.

It means I can now see what is on the screen without leaning so close to it.
I can run Word full-screen with 10pt text and it is still clear and crisp.

That is an excellent price, and I wish I could get that offer here!

I am looking into replacing my two shack monitors - both 15" - with two 15"
flat panels.
I would go to 17" in the shack, but they will be too large for my purposes.
One reason for changing the CRT's is that they are just so noisy. I have
managed to cure part of the problem by changing the refresh rate, and
alsthough that does not get rid of the noise, it has shifted it out of the
RTTY segment on most bands.

73 for now
Phil GU0SUP

---