Re: [RTTY] Dash vs space, more beat this to death

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Dash vs space, more beat this to death
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 13:32:42 -0500

> The transmitter's only responsibility when using USOS, is to change
> its own state to LTRS right after sending the SPACE.
>
> If a FIGS character comes after a space, the transmitter will then
> automatically insert an additional FIGS code first.

Which means that those who want to save the 330 ms to 500 ms per report
(2 x FIGS or 3 x FIGS) can use dashes if they wish even if they enable
USOS.  There is more time saving from eliminating the third repetition
of the serial number than using dashes to suppress two (or even three)
FIGS characters.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV