[TenTec] from a Scout to ???

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] from a Scout to ???
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 18:24:39 -1000

>My curiosity is getting the better of me - why are you looking
>at going to the Henry w/ vacuum relays?  Full-power RTTY too
>much for the PIN diodes?

Yes,  no matter what Dick E has to say about key down all day,
the Alpha gets HOT!  Also,  with the Henry Ultra,  I can put
the amp/pwr supply/ blower out of the "shack" room of the house,
and with the remote control head,  work high duty cycle stuff
with out it driving me out of the room with heat and noise.

Here in the tropics,  I had to use the external blower on the
87A,  and it is NOISY!!  As well as blows a lot of heat
into the room.

So going remote with the Henry Ultra.

73,  Jim,  KH7M