[TenTec] Tentec Scout/ "Anything Positive"

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Tentec Scout/ "Anything Positive"
From: weingaertner@nac.net (Robert Weingaertner)
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 12:07:24 -0400
Actually the Scout uses a 2940 type regulator that is spec'd to
operate at 11V. Some owners have reported problems with running
the Scout on battery (nominally 12 V), but I think most of these
problems are due to weak batteries, RF feedback, or too much resistance
in the line. I found a porblem with my own mobile installation. I
used a crimped lug on the power connector at the battery and found it
had gotten very corroded. Needless to say, now all such connections
are soldered!

For various reasons, I could't run Field Day this year,
so I just operated for a few hours from home powering the Scout using
a 7 amp-hour gel cell. Its great fun using the Scout in a primitive
setup (good drill for the imagined Y2K crisis!)

        73, Bob WB2VUF

        73, Bob