[TenTec] Some Observations on Orion Stability/Calibration

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Some Observations on Orion Stability/Calibration
From: efricha@dimensional.com (Eric F. Richards)
Date: Wed Jun 4 16:35:08 2003
At 09:35 AM 6/4/2003 -1000, you wrote:
>Oh,  what the heck.  With a $3900 Ten Tec rcvr (340)
>and about $3600 in my Orion,  whats another $350 for
>frequency accuracy?  Have called the supplier and placed
>an order for the hp standard,  the antenna,  and power
>supply.

I still think it would've made an interesting "parlor trick"
to try the WWVH standard... along the lines of an antenna-powered
regen receiver: not very useful but interesting nonetheless.

(I live just a few miles away from the Ft. Collins WWV transmitters,
and I made my choice too...)

--
Eric F. Richards
efricha@dimensional.com