Re: [TenTec] What makes the 238 good or any other tuner good?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What makes the 238 good or any other tuner good?
From: Randy Russe3ll <lord_russell53@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 18:25:28 -0800 (PST)
It's roughly the same circuit as Matchbox.  I used a
3906 (2 1/2" 12" long ) inductor, and a couple of the
biggest caps I could find, double ganged on the
output. Similar circuit and one other on Cebik's
antenna site under balanced link tuners. He has a
circuit which you make your own inductor. Richard
Measures has one that is not link coupled, uses two
roller inductors, but is I believe a good one. It's on
the internet if you google.  Don't know if I could
truly put a Kilo through mine. The caps would take it
but not sure what the inductor can handle.  73s