Re: [TenTec] ORION died

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION died
From: "Reg Unsworth" <reg.unsworth@btopenworld.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 12:24:51 -0000
I had a vaguely similar experience with my (now) 20 month old Orion.  It
just died on receive.  I wasn't transmitting.  Similar symptoms to yours
with the red led - including all the green ones around cut/pbt/bw being
dimly lit.  There was also a narrow horizontal thin black band across the
centre of the main display.  As it was still just in warranty I took it back
to the distributor.  Having phoned ahead with the symptoms, they had a good
idea of the fix as they had had a similar problem previously.  It took them
about 30 minutes to fix.  I think they replaced a failed (burnt out) c
somewhere (can't remember  exactly now)  I should think TT will know about
it if it is the same problem or you could try here http://www.aoruk.com/

73

Reg