Re: [TenTec] Noise Reduction Setting

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Noise Reduction Setting
From: "GARY HUBER" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 08:24:29 -0600
I have a different approach.... for those who are hearing impaired; I
recently purchased a pair of SIEMENS CENTRA Hearing "Aids" and had the
audiologist program them using the audio response curves of Heil Sounds HC-4
and HC-5 microphones. For using a headset while DXing, and the HC-5 curves
were used for listening to the the radio's speaker. See
http://www.heilsound.com/amateur/hcelements.htm for the information on the
microphone specs and
http://www.siemens-hearing.com/hearing_aids/hearing_aids/centra.aspx?w=c for
the hearing aid specs. By the way a pair of the CENTRA hearing aids will
cost more than your new ORION II... but "you can't work'em if you can't
hear'em"!

Best regards,
Gary - AB9M
CSM(r) G.L.Huber
9679 Heron Bay Road
Bloomington, Illinois 61704
(309)662-0604
www.csm-gh.com
csm-gh@www.csm-gh.com
gary.huber@us.army.mil
ab9m@arrl.net
former National Webmaster for The Society of the Fifth Division
www.societyofthefifthdivision.com
www.csm-gh.com/75thRepoDepo.htm