Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Transceiver Survey

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Transceiver Survey
From: Steve Berg <wa9jml@tbc.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:43:42 -0500
It is a common methodology in survey research to ask the same question
several times in slightly different ways to try to track more closely
the views of the persons being surveyed.  Obviously, Ten Tec is
concerned with roofing filters and external displays.  They have QSK
down pretty pat already.  I spend too many hours each day on a computer,
and am not a competitive contester, so I have rather different ideas on
a rig than do most people here on the list.  I filled out the survey
nonetheless.  I am reminded of the story where some computer savvy
people tried to come up with a computer and software system to assist
the writing of the already prolific economist and historian Murray
Rothbard.  The project was not a success, and they concluded that all
they were doing was making a computer that replicated a manual typewriter.

Steve WA9JML