Re: [TenTec] regarding "open source" in survey

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] regarding "open source" in survey
From: "Kirk.Harding" <Kirk.harding@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:42:58 -0500
Ron,

Couldn't agree with you more.  A good example of the open source concept is
Flex Radio.  Yes I own a Flex 5000A and I also own an Orion II with 3
roofing filters.  I didn't think a receiver could get much better than the
OII but (I think) Flex has made a significant improvement in receiver
capability.  Anyone can contribute to the open source Flex SVN site.  In
doing this and with so many talented people contributing, the Flex just
keeps getting better.  I sure wish TT would incorporate this thinking.  By
the way.  I'm sure there will be disinters! I'm just stating my opinion and
I'm not looking for argument!!

Regards to all,

Kirk, K6KAR
Niceville, FL