Re: [TenTec] OCF antennas evolution

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OCF antennas evolution
From: Stuart Rohre <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 18:44:59 -0500
Tony,
You are correct, the IDEZ as I named it, is the Inverted Double Extended Zepp, (a Zepp as an inverted Vee). One year as I was playing with gain wires for Field Day, I came up with the IDEA for the IDEZ! We have had very good Field Days with two of them, one on SSB and one on CW both on 20m.

One year, as the band (20m) opened to the West; we worked successive contacts from Central TX to HI, then Kwajalein, Wake, New Zealand, and New Caledonia in the Western Pacific, as successive contacts. (Operating on the side of a hill helps).

Stuart
K5KVH