Re: [TenTec] Omni VI + KC digit

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>, "John King" <k5pgw@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI + KC digit
From: "Jerry, N9AW" <n9aw@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 21:59:09 -0600
I had similar issues with an OMNI VI and did exactly what Bob is referring to below. As part of the cable reseating process though I also cleaned by pins by using De-Ox and a cue tip, let it dry and replug them in. The issue went away.

Good luck and 73
Jerry, N9AW

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net> To: "John King" <k5pgw@yahoo.com>; "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 7:38 PM

Remove the covers. Loosen the top screws to the upper left and right sides to allow the front panel to tilt forward. Un plug all the ribbon cables, one at a time, and re plug them. I recall that the display board and display processor are mated with a sandwich connector. Work these apart and re-assemble. Put it all back together and likely the problem will be solved.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "John King" <k5pgw@yahoo.com>