Re: [TenTec] 422 Centurion blowing fuses...

To: Brian Carling AF4K <bcarling@cfl.rr.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 422 Centurion blowing fuses...
From: David Propper <k2dp@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 20:52:22 -0600
Hi Bry,

Just thought that I would throw my 2 cents in as well. I purchased a used
Centurion back in 2005, ran it for several years and then had the HV xfmr fail.
Failure mode was an open secondary.  I chose to purchase a new one from TenTec
which has run well for several years until I took the amp off line for other
reasons.  There is truth to the history that TenTec has a reliability problem
(i.e. failure at 15-16 years of age) with the earlier/older model Centurion HV
xfmrs.

fyi and 73,
Dave, K2DP