Re: [TenTec] (ham station computer choice)

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>, Kimberly Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] (ham station computer choice)
From: Clayton Brantley via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 16:51:19 -0700 (PDT)
The best solution is to simply install Linux Mint and let it remove all that
"crap".  No more worry about all the virus and garbage that is attracted
by a windo$$ system.

Clayton N4EV

On Wednesday, May 7, 2014 7:28 PM, Lee <ny6p01@gmail.com> wrote:

I would second that motion, Kimberly, and recommend in addition that one
build their own OS from the ground up - and for the same reasons. No, you
don't have to be a coder - there are several brands of Linux that offer
this DIY approach - where you can configure and compile your own kernel,
and compile, install & configure all the software -  according to your own
specifications. I have done this myself, and it's much easier than you
think.

Then you'd really take ownership of your computer, and be able to fix
almost anything that arises. To say nothing of the satisfaction of putting
it together.