Re: [TenTec] Panadapters

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Panadapters
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 11:10:14 -0500
*Please, build that Tube Type Rig!..... I can see the Appliance Operators
pulling their hair out as I write this message. I had a young fellow on a
State Wide Net, recently tell me that my station was 20 Hz low in
frequency. And my understanding was that Net Control is the frequency
standard to tune to! Reading my Net Preamble again, pointing out the part
that says on or about 3xxx KHz. We also expressed thanks to him for telling
me that, my 33 year old Paragon is only 20 Hz out of alignment. Checking
further that day, with good test equipment, maybe his KenYaeCom needs some
attention. And we know several folks who could never Tune Up any Tube Type
rig. I can see the Magical Mushroom Clouds of Smoke .... Screaming towards
the Ceiling in their Shacks ..... *
*Please, build us some nice radios. I have just enough time left to own
another great station before assuming room temperature. We can only wonder
what the guy mentioned above, would have said about my ( built by me
) Heathkit SB-101. Maybe, we will call the Net next time with the SB-101
and it turned on cold. Just my Rant for the day. My vote would be for a
Modular Approach. What radio will even nail down another SSB rig as 20
Hertz off frequency? Hey, here is an idea, what about a new Hybrid Rig?
Beats the pants off these badly needed 50 volt Finals in the new rigs. My
vote is for a conservatively rated 200 Watt radio with One 572B Tube as the
PA. The old Hybrids sure do a Great Job....... hi hi ...........*

*
   73 from Wade/KJ4WS*