Re: [TenTec] Scads of used Icom IC-7300

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scads of used Icom IC-7300
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2016 18:17:56 +0000
On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 4:20 PM, Gary J FollettDukes HiFi <
dukeshifi@comcast.net> wrote:

> I stand by my previous statement that you COULD produce an exceptional DSP
> receiver, one that would blow the socks off any heterodyne receiver, if you
> used 24 bit data and a tracking preselector to limit the impact of strong
> out-of-band signals.

The 16-bit ADC front ends of both my ANAN-100D and Flex 6500 were the equal
of any heterodyne receiver, or at least my Orion II and K3s.  16 bits are
enough.  And I'm talking tough contest conditions on bands filled with huge
signals.

73, Barry N1EU