Re: [TenTec] Scads of used Icom IC-7300

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scads of used Icom IC-7300
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2016 14:14:40 -0700
On Sat,9/10/2016 1:38 PM, rick@dj0ip.de wrote:
As does the 6700, but NOT the 6300.

Thanks for the clarifications and comments, guys. K6TD commented on the UI, 2-3 years ago. He's both a contester and a DXer, and has been on several major DXpeditions. A UI that works for casual operation may not be acceptable for more demanding operation. When we talked about it back then, he said that he had talked to the guys writing the code, and that they were so "out of it" as operators that they didn't even understand the criticisms. To put this in perspective, there are many hams that do little or no operating -- their interest is in the technical side of things, just as there are many good operators who don't know which end of a soldering iron to pick up.

I'd bet that there are members of this list that fall in both camps and also in between. :)

73, Jim K9YC