Re: [TenTec] Scads of used Icom IC-7300

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scads of used Icom IC-7300
From: Carl Moreschi <n4py3@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2016 15:10:37 -0400
The clip point on my Flex 6500 is S9+80 DB. That's +7 dbm. If it were to happen that I had signal overload, I would put the 20 db attenuator on.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com

On 9/10/2016 2:28 PM, Gary J FollettDukes HiFi wrote:
What happens if a signal that is 140 dB above the noise floor comes along, a
condition quite common in Europe?

Have you tested for this condition?

Regards and 73,

Gary

W0DVN

PS: I think that the rather nice Flex 6500 does have pretty good bandpass
filtering before the A to D to help its performance in regards to strong
out-of-band signals. I think that is where the 7300 comes up short and is why
Icom recommends a preselector.