Re: [TenTec] Scads of used Icom IC-7300

To: k9yc@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scads of used Icom IC-7300
From: Carl Moreschi <n4py3@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2016 16:14:32 -0400
The 6500 does have band pass filters for the ham bands.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com

On 9/10/2016 3:23 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
On Sat,9/10/2016 12:10 PM, Carl Moreschi wrote:
The clip point on my Flex 6500 is S9+80 DB. That's +7 dbm.

5W at the antenna input. That's a LOT of signal.

If it were to happen that I had signal overload, I would put the 20 db
attenuator on.

Or engage a bandpass filter if the signal is out of band.

My neighbor, K6TD, an excellent EE and contester, told me two years ago
that the 6500 is the best radio he's ever owned, but that the UI was
awful. The UI has been improved to the extent that some major contesters
are pretty happy. I know of at least four 6500/5700 owners in NCCC (the
SF Bay area contesters club), and all are both excellent engineers and
active contesters.

73, Jim K9YC