Re: [TenTec] notch filter for Eagle?

To: "'Greg S'" <oldlongbeard@yahoo.com>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] notch filter for Eagle?
From: "rick@dj0ip.de" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 14:08:59 +0200
7300?
7600?

Icom is selling the older radios at dumping prices because everybody wants the
new stuff (without manual notch filter).

I guess I should have said "every radio designed within the past 5 years"....

However it is indeed possible to have the auto-notch work within the AGC loop.
My little SKY-SDR QRP transceiver does and its notch depth is over 90 dB.  It
can even notch out two-tone interference by that amount, leaving the SSB signal
on channel, free and in the clear.

And it does not turn on during CW because it would notch every dit and dah
completely out.

73
Rick